365 days of strategic thinking

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

124) 20-Somethings

My Facebook news feed has been abuzz with posts regarding an article published today by the New York Times (recommended read, if you have half an hour). The long-winded piece attempts to explain why 20-somethings today take so long to "grow up."

Tonight I was again challenged to pinpoint what exactly I want to do, career-wise. And again, I grasped at what I think I might want to do, without being able to provide a precise answer. It's no longer enough to just say that you want to do advertising, or that you want to be an entrepreneur. The world and its technology has evolved to the point where 20-somethings have a harder time finding their niche, simply because there are so many options out there.

Though I'm not one of the "boomerang kids" that moved back home, I can see why my fellow 20-somethings would turn to this economical option while trying to figure out what they want to do. While there is something to be said about getting out there to find yourself, the comforts of home are often too good to pass up.

0 comments: