365 days of strategic thinking

Monday, June 7, 2010

News


I've been alluding to some big news lately, and after enough stalling, here it is. A few weeks ago, I stumbled across a one month summer program in Barcelona. The course, Coolhunting and Fashion Trends, is skewed towards fashion, but covers topics like research methodologies, consumer insights, branding - all things that would be relevant to a planner in any field. Intrigued, I applied. A week and a half later, I got in.

So come July (soon!) I'll be in Barcelona. Though I've traveled around Europe, I've never been to Spain. I'll be part of an English-taught class of 25 students. The program is through the Istituto Europeo di Design (IED), an international school of design, fashion, visual arts and communication. It's the kind of place I never dared picture myself at, but somehow it's all happening.

There's internet access in the student housing I'll be staying in, so I fully intend to keep up with The Plan. No doubt the class and the city will provide plenty of material.

Spain is just the tip of the iceberg, but I'll leave you with that for now. I'm incredibly excited, and feel so lucky to be able to not only travel, but to spend time studying something that truly interests me. A sincere thank you to everyone who has been so supportive through this whole transition stage.

-Natalie

2 comments:

Harsh Shah said...

congrats natalie! i'm excited for you. barcelona is such a lovely city.

Unknown said...

CONGRATS NAT! Thrilling, exciting, amazing!