365 days of strategic thinking

Thursday, January 27, 2011

286) One Photo Every Hour

Whew. The One Photo Every Hour exercise was harder than I thought. Maybe today was extra busy, but the hours were just flying by and I felt like I was constantly scrambling to get my picture in. But hopefully the set paints a nice picture of my day. For those just tuning in, check out my set up post.

7:45AM
Alarm goes off. I have this terrible habit of checking my email on my phone as soon as I wake up. At my old job this used to spike my stress levels while still in bed. These days, it's mostly force of (bad) habit.



8:30AM
My getting ready station next to my mirror. When I was little, I used to love looking at all of my mom's makeup, bottles of this and that lined up on her vanity counter. I think that's why I keep so much stuff, but use so little.



9:05AM
On my way to the subway station. How beautiful is the snow?



10:44AM
Part of my desk. It's tricky taking pictures at work, because of confidentiality. This is a fairly innocuous corner though. The rest of it follows suit, and is covered in reading and notes. At this point I also realized the challenge of snapping interesting pics for all the hours I'm at the office.



11:20AM
Ran a quick errand close to the office, and took a picture to show just how much snow fell last night.



12:45PM
Picking up Le Pain Quotidien for lunch with a coworker. I usually eat what's provided at the office, so today was a little splurge. It was too pretty to stay inside.



1:54PM
The view from the office. I don't sit by a window, but it's nice to look down once in awhile.



2:55PM
The remains of red velvet cake carnage in the kitchen. (Reminds me of Jim Gaffigan's bit on cake.)



3:45PM
My lifesaver Hunter boots. The only thing I'll wear if there's snow on the ground. The only problem is once you're inside, they get a little clunky. But they're perfect for stomping around in the snow. Which is all I wanted to do today.



4:30PM
This is a great representation of my day, because I feel like I'm constantly snacking at work. Frequency is positively correlated with stress levels. Today was an apple day, so it couldn't have been that bad.



5:50PM
Perusing Mashable, PSFK, AgencySpy, etc.



6:58PM
Almost didn't make this picture within the hour! Waiting for the 6 train to take me home. I love the whoosh of air that gets pushed by the approaching train.



7:25PM
Met a friend at The New Museum (conveniently close to my place) for their free admission night.



8:50PM
My home office pod. I have a ton of those neat postcard takeaways to add to the wall, just haven't. Yet. Looks a little bare from this view.



9:25PM
Eyes out. Glasses on.



10:45PM
Some time with Time Out New York. It's so overwhelming how much there is to do here. I'm really good at circling things I want to check out, but less good at following through.



11:30PM
A little bit of reading before bed. I've been really into short story compilations recently - bite-sized lit for low commitment reading. Would usually read until around midnight or so, but had to save time to post these pics before 12AM!


I highly encourage anyone who enjoyed looking at these to try the exercise themselves. It might seem like your day is boring and not noteworthy, but it's what you choose to represent your day that makes it interesting.

0 comments: