365 days of strategic thinking

Sunday, January 2, 2011

261) On the Road


(Earlier today, when the snow was pretty, and not a complete nightmare.)

I've been battling the elements for the past five hours trying to get back to Palo Alto (well, Jaemin has. I'm navigating). The 5 is closed due to wind and snow, so we've had to take a couple alternate routes. We are still closer to LA, so it's going to have to be a cell phone post today.

[3 hours later]

[9:31PM] Coming to you from the Days Inn in Palmdale. The snow is coming down like crazy and traffic was crawling, so we decided to stay put for the night.

I had a strange chance encounter on the road today. We had taken an alternate, local route that took us right next to the 5. The small road wasn't even paved in sections, and was covered with snow. We were the only one on the road for awhile, until we caught up with a white Subaru. We rolled down the window to compare notes.

The driver looked strangely familiar, and as soon as he opened his mouth, I recognized him. We had met him at the massive New Year's event we went to on Friday night. Out of everyone on the roads, we ran into one of the 50,000 people we encountered at the party. I'm a strong believer in coincidence, but this was one of the craziest ones I've experienced yet.

Here's hoping that I can get back to Norcal tomorrow.

0 comments: