365 days of strategic thinking

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Did It

Big news.

Yesterday, the agency I've been freelancing with since November offered me a job. Today, I accepted.

I'm officially a planner. Still in my nascent planning phase, but a planner by title nonetheless. That an agency that I've enjoyed so much is willing to invest in my potential as a strategist (and a human being in general) is the best feeling.

The Plan and its readers have been such a huge part of all this. Through daily writing and thinking, it's above all helped me figure out what areas within planning I'm interested in. Every check in and comment has held me to my commitment to the blog, even on days where I don't feel like writing (and there are plenty of those days). So thank you, thank you, thank you.

When I started The Plan back in April, I told myself that in a year's time I would be a planner. Ten months and 67 posts to go, I did it.

(Inspiring crescendo goes here.)

3 comments:

Liz said...

CONGRATSSSSSSSS!

Unknown said...

Natalie, congrats!! Now the question is - will you keep the blog up after 365 days??? I vote yes. -Andy

Unknown said...

Bravo Natalie, what terrific news. If I was working for a competing agency, I'd be considering another career right about now ... watch out NY, there's a new sheriff in town! And I agree with Andy, would love to see you keep up your writing, you have a wonderful writer's voice, how about at least once a week, work permitting? I am so proud of you. PB