365 days of strategic thinking

Sunday, October 10, 2010

New City, New State

I felt like the last couple of entries were devoid of any personal updates, so I thought I'd write an aside. For those who don't follow along, I just moved to New York after three and a half months of slowly detaching myself from LA.

The day of my flight was more emotional than I anticipated, but I tried to keep it to myself. I felt like any signs of sadness would be seen like hesitation, like weakness after so much build-up. It wasn't so much that I was sad to leave CA. It was more the sense that this was a day of significance, the start of something new and possibly momentous.

Flew Airtran for the first time. Paid $94 in bag fees (-1), forgot to take out my liquids when I went through security but didn't get stopped (+1), and made my 45 minute layover in Atlanta that had caused me so much anxiety with time to spare (+2).

The weather has been gorgeous in NY this weekend. Walking around exploring Brooklyn in the sun on Saturday, it felt like I was still in CA. Today was pretty productive. Highlights: brunch at Public with good company (I'd forgotten how much I like going out for brunch), the Re:Form School exhibit (NYers - highly recommended! Tomorrow is the last day), and the best people watching ever at Comic Con NY.

Overall, I'm so happy to actually be here, excited to explore, enjoying public transportation, and reuniting with friends who've traveled east. To friends and family elsewhere - all's well! Come visit soon!

0 comments: