365 days of strategic thinking

Thursday, October 21, 2010

188) Video Blogging

Was out late last night, and have been in a zombiefied mood all day. Reminds me of when I went to sleepovers as a kid, and my mom would lament that the next day was always a complete waste. I've been sitting in front of the computer for the past few hours trying to formulate something vaguely meaningful and coherent. No luck, so I figured I'd just start typing.

And then I made a couple videos in lieu of writing a post. A couple things to note:

1) The beginning starts out a little slow, quiet and shy. Bear with me, dear readers, it's my first attempt at video blogging. Part 1 is the warm up. Part 2 sounds a lot more like me. Update: My brother Max made the astute observation that I have a "blog voice" and that this isn't what my voice really sounds like. Funny.
2) I'm talking about a very specific kind of blogger. Basically, one like me whose blog centers around writing, and not video content. And I'm referring to a very specific kind of video - one where the blogger talks directly to his/her audience.
3) Oh, the bevy of ums. Please forgive me, past speech teachers and Mom. I like to think I'm just riffing.
4) How attractive are the video stills?

Without further ado:
(Mini aside - And by without further ado, I mean ART CARD: THREE HOURS LATER. Upload issues abound. A big thanks to Nick who helped me sync up the audio.)

1 comments:

Justin said...

cutie mc cutie. I'm glad you didnt glam yourself up for this post... definitely makes it more personable.