365 days of strategic thinking

Friday, April 16, 2010

The Very Beginning

First, a warning: despite the URL, this is not a dieting blog.

For those who are still reading, welcome to The Plan, a year-long exercise in strategic thinking and prolific writing. One post every day for 365 days.

My name is Natalie, and I want to be a strategic planner.

Among other things, a great planner is curious, able to think critically and orchestrate her thoughts into a coherent nuggets of truth. In order to hone these skills, I'm committing to 365 days of observations and interpretations of current culture. Topics will range, arising organically from things encountered day to day.

This will undoubtedly be a learning process. More than anything, it's a challenge to myself to open my eyes and ears, to take in as much as possible, to think deeply, and to write daily.

So, here goes. Taking a deep breath and jumping right in.

Thanks for joining me.

0 comments: